“The stock market could reach an all-time high in 2014 – and so could house prices” - Buy-to-let is going to be stronger than ever in 2014 - Two in three landlords are planning to increase their portfolios - House prices will rise and help long term - Rental yields will remain strong - Demand from new tenants will continue to grow
“Rental market grows as more landlords investments are predicted for 2014” - The UK continues to reflect the rest of Europe as a nation of renters - Home ownership is declining - The rate of residential lettings continues to rapidly grow. It has been estimated that there will be a 33% rise in the residential market over the next 8 years. - Property prices are likely to rise, and it is likely that accidental landlords will take advantage of this - Buy to let will be extremely attractive to smaller investors wanting to add another asset class alongside existing savings and pension portfolios.
“The private rented sector is booming, according to the latest survey conducted by LSL Property Services” - 58% of landlords predict tenant demand will grow in the next twelve months - Nearly a fifth (18%) of landlords therefore anticipates growing their portfolio of properties over the coming twelve months - Nearly a fifth (18%) of landlords therefore anticipates growing their portfolio of properties over the coming twelve months - Landlords are therefore in a prime position to benefit from the strong yields on properties - Demand for rented accommodation is strong, exemplified by the fact that the number of lettings, new viewings and applicants are all rising.
David Gilson, our Lettings Director also gives his professional opinion as to what trends we are expecting to see more locally in Oxford’s rental market.
“Oxford property investment will continue to be a safe bet with great odds in the next 12 months; high demand for established and potential investment properties are likely to continue to drive values and rents up in core investment areas such as East Oxford and Headington”
- Best Place to Buy for capital uplift in 2014 – St Clements and East Oxford
- Best place to Buy for yield in 2014 – Headington and Marston (access to the hospitals)
- With Oxford property performing so well increasingly home owners will see letting to rent and letting to buy as a sensible alternative to Sell-Buy-Sell to best utilising their property assets.
- With Lending more readily available Buy-to-Let Landlords will continue to fuel property value increases in central and surrounding Oxford.
- Make sure you follow the Oxford landlord’s page on Facebook to hear about any potential investment options as soon as they hit the market!
Should you wish to discuss any property or potential investment in 2014 please do keep in touch as I am always happy to discuss the pros and cos of the different area micro-climates Oxford offers.
Call David now: 01865 722722